Get Service


Each prospective customer desiring electrical, water, and/or wastewater service(s) will be required to sign LaFollette Utilities’ (LUB’s) standard application for service contract, post a deposit and pay the service connection charge(s). This application may be made in person, faxed, emailed, or mailed to the prospective customer with the application signatures notarized, two proofs of identity presented, and LUB may make a credit investigation. If you are renting, you will be asked to provide a rent receipt or lease agreement. If you own the property, you will be asked to provide proof of ownership. Follow the link for new construction details or contact our office for a list of documents to bring when applying for service.

LaFollette Electric


LUB offers a complete turnkey job for outdoor lighting for businesses and homes. We offer a variety of lights. For more information, contact Stephanie Hembree at or call (423) 562-3316 ext. 1042 or Amanda Delk at or call (423) 562-3316, ext. 1041.


A deposit equal to approximately twice the highest estimated monthly bill may be required of any customer. An irrevocable bank letter of credit or indemnity bond may be substituted for a deposit.


All electric connections for new services, transfers of service, or reconnections of terminated services will require a payment of $35.00. Water connections also require a payment of $35.00. In addition, all delinquent amounts, trip charges, and deposits must be paid or satisfactory arrangements made. If a customer wishes to guarantee same-day service, additional fees apply. Service fees are due before services are connected.


All electrical wiring of the customer must comply to standards set forth by the National Electrical Code, State of Tennessee, Department of Fire Prevention, or by local city or county codes. All meter locations, for both underground and overhead services, must be approved by a representative of LUB.


To process an order for new construction, additions to existing structures or structure that has never had electricity, the following is required:

  • County building permit – Campbell County Court Clerk, courthouse (423) 562-4985 – Union Country Clerk (865) 992-8043 – Claiborne County Executive Office, (423) 626-5236 For all residential construction in Campbell County (with the exception of the City of Jacksboro and the City of Caryville), a state structural permit must be purchased prior to application for service.
  • Septic tank permit or proof of public sewer – Campbell County Health Department (423) 562-8351 – Claiborne County Health Department (423) 626-4291 – Union County Health Department – (865) 992-3867.
  • City building permit (if required) – City of Caryville (423) 562-9478, City of Jacksboro (423) 562-9312, City of LaFollette (423) 562-4961.
  • E-911 address for the construction location – Campbell County E-911 (423) 562-8055, LaFollette E-911 (423) 562-4961, Claiborne County E-911 (423) 626-1700 – Union County E-911 (386) 496-4300.

Mobile Homes

  • For all mobile home owners, you must let the State Electrical Inspector know that the Installation Decal is in the inside panel box, or on the cover. If this decal is not in there when the State Electrical Inspector comes to inspect, it is an automatic rejection. The electric service will not be hooked up without this decal.
Please bring the required permits to our office when applying for service. Below are fees that may be necessary for the connection of your service(s):


*Security deposit
Service Charge $35.00

Inspections can be purchased online at

Temporary Pole$35.00
Final: 200 amp$35.00
201 - 400 amp$40.00
Re-inspect (each time)$35.00
LUB permit fee (per inspection)$5.00
LUB secondary conduit inspection$35.00
LUB conduit re-inspection$35.00
Secondary riser fee (200amp)$350.00
Primary riser fee (400amp)$700.00


Water Tap Fees:
3/4" service$ 950.00
1" service$1,150.00
2" service (compound meter required)$4,125.00
4" wet tap$1,450.00
6" wet tap$1,750.00
8" wet tap$2,400.00
Sewer Tap Fees:
6" sewer tap$825.00
8" sewer tap$925.00
2" sewer force main tap$825.00
Force main tap over 2"Actual cost of labor and materials
Fire Hydrant Installation Fees:$5,000.00