Home Page

Vision Statement


Company Profile

energyright Program

Rules & Regulations

Electric Rates

Water Rates

Related Links

Reporting Emergencies

Water Quality Report

Water Quality Information


How to Get Service

APPLICATION FOR SERVICE: Each prospective customer desiring electrical, water, and/or wastewater service(s) will be required to sign LaFollette Utilities' (LUB's) standard application for service contract, post a deposit and pay the service connection charge(s). This application may be made in person, faxed, or mailed to the prospective customer with the application signatures notarized, two proofs of identity presented, and LUB may make a credit investigation. If you are renting, you will be asked to provide a rent receipt or lease agreement. If you own the property, you will be asked to provide proof of ownership.  For new construction, please contact our office for a list of documents to bring when applying for service. 

OUTDOOR LIGHTING: LUB offers a complete turnkey job for outdoor lighting for businesses and homes. We offer a variety of lights. For more information contact Steve Baird at steve.baird@lub.org or call (423) 562-3316 ext. 1042 or Sharyn Vincent at sharyn.vincent@lub.org or call (423) 562-3316, ext. 1041.

DEPOSITS: A deposit equal to approximately twice the highest estimated monthly bill may be required of any customer. An irrevocable bank letter of credit or indemnity bond may be substituted for a deposit.

SERVICE CONNECTION CHARGES: All electric connections for new services, transfers of service, or reconnections of terminated services will require a payment of $30.00.   Water connections also require a payment of $30.00.  In addition, all delinquent amounts, trip charges and deposits must be paid or satisfactory arrangements made. If, at the customer's request, the connection is made after regular work hours or is guaranteed to be completed on the same day that service application is made, the charge will be $50.00.

CUSTOMER'S WIRING STANDARDS: All electrical wiring of the customer must comply to standards set forth by the National Electrical Code, State of Tennessee, Department of Fire Prevention, or by local city or county codes. All meter locations, for both underground and overhead services, must be approved by a representative of LUB.


TAP FEE CHARGES (effective July 1, 2013):

Water Tap Fees:  
3/4" service


1" service


2" service (compound meter required) $3,500.00
4" or 6" wet tap $1,700.00
8" wet tap $2,100.00
Wastewater Tap Fees:  
6" or 8" sewer tap $825.00
2" sewer force main tap $825.00
Force main tap over 2" Actual cost of labor and materials
Fire Hydrant Installation Fees: $4,000.00
*Directional boring underneath State highway is additional cost and pavement replacement on road boars are additional costs

 Meter set requirements:
bulletCut-off valve at the meter (no exceptions)
bulletPressure regulator
bulletCheck valve
bulletService line 3/4 inch minimum diameter

WHO DO I CALL IF I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY BILL OR GETTING SERVICE INSTALLED? You may call any of the highly-trained, friendly customer service staff at (423) 562-3316 or (800) 352-1340. If your question or problem cannot be solved at this level, you may contact Marlene Broadway, (423) 562-3316 ext. 1012 or marlene.broadway@lub.org.

LUB also offers the following:

Online Bill Payment

Levelized Billing

Bank Draft

Accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit Cards


Home | Company Profile | Rules and Regulations| Directory | Vision Statement | Electric Rates | Water and Wastewater Rates | Related Links   | Water Quality Report  Reporting Emergencies  |  Energyright Program | Outage Preparation Tips  |Water Quality Information


Site Hosted and Maintained by: COMPUTER CONCEPTS